It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:58 pm

team out because its exciting to 

Post team out because its exciting to
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Rex Ryan would love to be reunited with Ed Reed. Its on New York Jets general manager John Idzik to make it happen. But thats if he even wants the 35-year-old free-agent safety. Reed, released Tuesday by Houston, cleared waivers Wednesday and is available to any team. Ryan, who coached Reed for several years in Baltimore, acknowledged that he and Idzik discussed the possibility of adding him. "If we did, I keep that conversation private and all that kind of stuff," Ryan said. "But part of due diligence, if youve coached a player, Im sure you would want that input. So, did we have it? I think its safe to say yes." Reed missed the Texans first two games after hip surgery and was relegated to a backup role in recent games, making just 16 tackles. He was unhappy not starting in Houston after signing a three-year, $15 million deal in the off-season after 11 years in Baltimore. Reed also criticized the team for being outplayed and outcoached after the Texans seventh straight loss last Sunday. The Jets have the NFLs 26th-ranked pass defence, but Ryan insisted he is pleased with his current group of safeties, including Dawan Landry, Jaiquawn Jarrett and Antonio Allen -- whom the coach said has "a chance to be really good." But that might not prevent Ryan from wanting to add Reed, who was one of his favourites and is mentioned as one of the leagues greatest players at his position. "Its a logical question," Ryan said. "Look, the way I am, I could say absolutely yes, I would like him on our team. And Ill say that knowing you guys know me." Ryan quickly mentioned former Jets such as Brandon Moore, Alan Faneca, Trevor Pryce and Damien Woody as guys hed always like to have playing for him. "Anybody that Ive ever coached, that bled for me," Ryan said, "I want them." Julian Edelman Jersey . Rockies manager Walt Weiss was unhappy, too. Weiss addressed the issue in a 15-minute meeting with his pitcher and catcher after the Rockies gave up 14 hits and lost 10-1. De La Rosa lasted only 4 1-3 innings and allowed five runs in his first opening-day start. Lawrence Guy Jersey . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. http://www.patriotsjerseysauthentic.com ... -Jersey/.9 million deal Thursday. The 25-year McGinn had 19 goals and 19 assists in 79 games last season in helping the Avalanche tie a franchise record with 52 wins. Rob Gronkowski Jersey . HABS HEADED TO CONFERENCE FINAL The Montreal Canadiens scored early in Game Seven, built a lead and protected it well on their way to a 3-1 series-clinching win over the Boston Bruins. While this game or series isnt necessarily a referendum on the value of fourth lines, the Canadiens certainly benefitted from production lower down their forward depth chart. Brandon Bolden Jersey .J. -- Jaromir Jagr has hit so many NHL milestones this season for the New Jersey Devils that he is starting to downplay them.The Edmonton Oilers reputation precedes them. For offseason acquisitions, defencemen Mark Fayne and Keith Aulie and wingers Benoit Pouliot and Teddy Purcell, that reputation includes two top-30 point producers and three top-50 goal scorers from last season and three former No. 1 overall picks. It also happens to include eight consecutive seasons without a playoff appearance. Its no secret which part of the see-saw reputation the new guys are focusing on heading toward the upcoming campaign. "The rebuild is pretty far on its way now with some of the guys they have, and especially this offseason with some of the other guys theyre bringing in," said Fayne, who was signed as a free agent on July 1. "I dont think its so much at the beginning stage anymore and I think thats only going to help." "Its a young group that desperately wants to win," Aulie, also a July 1 signing, added. "Just playing against them in the past, theyre hard working. Its an exciting team."If the Oilers do have the ability to be one thing, its exciting. Taylor Hall finished seventh in league scoring during the 2013-2014 season with 80 points, including 27 goals. Jordan Eberle and David Perron collected 28 goals each while Ryan Nugent-Hopkins set career highs in goals (19), assists (37) and points (56). Theres also former No. 1 pick Nail Yakupov, who has shown flashes of brilliance more than once in his first two seasons. "Im looking forward to actually being able to get the puck up to some of those younger guys and just let them fly," Fayne said. SStar players are clearly not the problem in Edmonton, but what has been an issue in the past is complimenting those players and adding stability beyond the big names on the roster.dddddddddddd Aside from the top four scorers on the club, no other player reached forty points last season. Only one of 28 players to appear in more than 10 games and five of 37 in total managed to avoid a minus rating. And thats a small sample size of a much larger problem. There are holes to fill and the new guys appear ready and willing to get their hands dirty. "Were not going to come in here and save the day, but we think were going to come in here and add some depth and make the team a better team," said Purcell, the returning player in a trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning for Sam Gagner. "Were not putting unrealistic expectations on ourselves, but we think we can help these guys." Reaching the post-season for the first time since a Game 7 loss in the Stanley Cup Final in 2006 may be an unrealistic expectation. What is likely more attainable is improving beyond the basement of the Pacific Division, where the club has finished in four of the last five seasons. "I think theres lots of work to be done, obviously," Aulie said. "Theres nowhere to go but up, so as young guys, myself and these other guys here with me, we just want to come in and make a positive impact; just help this team out because its exciting to be a part of a team thats on the upswing." "We understand how much pride this city has in the team and we just cant wait to make a positive impact." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:49 am