It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:39 pm

es, outscored 23-11 leagues worst sv% 

Post es, outscored 23-11 leagues worst sv%
HOUSTON -- Manny Machado is trying not to make too much of his big game on Sunday that led the Baltimore Orioles over Houston. Still, the slumping All-Star cant help but think it could be a turning point in a season thats off to a tough start. "I hope so. I really hope so," he said. "(Sunday) was a good day at the plate. Felt good, and my legs are finally getting under me. Feel like I can continue that." Machado hit his first career grand slam, David Lough homered and drove in three runs, and the Orioles beat the Astros 9-4. Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz, leading the majors with 20 home runs and 52 RBIs, left in the third inning with a bruised left hand after being hit by a pitch from Scott Feldman. X-rays were negative and Cruz was listed as day to day. "Anytime you get hit in the hand you get concerned," Cruz said. "I tried to stay but I wasnt able to grab the bat. So hopefully (Monday) Ill be good." Machados towering shot capped a six-run sixth inning. The 21-year-old Machado missed the first month after off-season knee surgery and has struggled since his return, prompting manager Buck Showalter to move him from the second spot to seventh in the batting order. He was back to batting second on Sunday and also doubled, giving him two hits for the second straight game and raising his average to .230. Machado doesnt feel like hes back to last years form, but hes making progress. "I feel much (more) comfortable in there," he said. "It was overall a good day. The pitching staff threw well. Were finally getting some hits when we need to. Things are coming into place." Wei-Yin Chen (6-2) scattered four hits with one run over 5 1-3 innings. Feldman (3-3) allowed nine runs and 11 hits in 5 1-3 innings. Matt Dominguez hit a two-run homer in the eighth for the Astros, who have lost two straight after winning a season-high seven in a row. Machado doubled before Feldman plunked Cruz. Machado and Cruz pulled off a double steal before a sacrifice fly by Adam Jones made it 3-0. Cruz was replaced in right field for the bottom of the third inning. He didnt think that Feldman, who was a teammate of his in Texas, tried to hit him and Feldman said it was in no way in intentional. "I didnt want to hit him," Feldman said. "I checked after the game to make sure he was all right and they said it was just a bruise so that was a little relieving. It happens, its part of the game trying to pitch inside." The Orioles open a series at Texas, where Cruz spent the last eight seasons, on Tuesday. Showalter expects Cruz to try to play when the series begins. "Hes going to be sore," Showalter said. "If I know Nelson, hes going to want to play on Tuesday. Its got nothing to do with who were playing. He just likes to be there." Astros rookie George Springer snapped an 0-for-9 slump with a double that sailed over the head of Lough in right field to start the fourth inning. Chris Carters two-out single cut Baltimores lead to 3-1. Chris Davis, J.J. Hardy and Jonathan Schoop hit consecutive singles to load the bases with no outs in the sixth. Lough hit an RBI single, and an intentional walk to Nick Markakis set up Machados third homer. "I got into a situation there in the sixth that really just got out of hand," Feldman said. "Bases loaded and I just couldnt make a good pitch to Machado and left one right over the middle." Both teams had nifty plays by an outfielder. Left fielder Delmon Young robbed Jonathan Villar of a hit when he made a sliding catch shortly after entering the game in the third. Houstons defensive highlight came when right fielder Springer sprinted to make the catch on a sacrifice fly by Nick Hundley in the sixth. Springer slipped and fell on his backside after making the catch and made the throw in while still on the ground. NOTES: Showalter said Baltimore RHP Tommy Hunter, on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to May 21 with a left groin strain, felt good after throwing a bullpen session. He will travel to meet the team during its series at Texas and throw another bullpen session there on Tuesday before a decision is made on when hell begin a rehabilitation assignment. ... Houston recalled RHP Paul Clemens from Triple-A Oklahoma City and optioned LHP Brett Oberholtzer to the minor league team. Hunter Henry Jersey . -- Jonas Hiller is cautiously confident he has kicked his vertigo. Michael Schofield Jersey . The Union looked to have grabbed a big win in the 88th minute when Amobi Okugo finally put the hosts in front. But a terrible giveaway by Union goalkeeper Rais Mbolhi handed Earnshaw the equalizer in the second minute of stoppage time, keeping the Union two points back of fifth-place Red Bull New York for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. http://www.chargersprofansshop.com/Blac ... ml?cat=918. It was the first game back in Columbus for Rangers star Rick Nash, the Blue Jackets franchise leader in goals, assists and games. He was given a standing ovation during a video tribute in the first period, but was booed loud and long after a second-period, two-handed shove up high on Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky. Denzel Perryman Jersey . Tyutin has missed the last nine games with an ankle injury which occurred while playing for Russia at the Olympics. The top-two defenceman has four goals and 20 assists, 30 penalty minutes and a plus-6 rating in 53 games with Columbus this season. Kenny Wiggins Jersey . Dirk Nowitzki scored 25 points, Shawn Marion had 22 and the Mavericks beat undermanned Philadelphia 124-112 Friday night, handing the 76ers their 10th straight loss.After a disastrous homestand, the Edmonton Oilers are embarking on a three-game road trip that could present a perfect storm for a continued losing streak. It begins tonight in Dallas, where the Oilers will try to overcome sustained struggles against the Stars while beating a Western Conference opponent for the first time this season. A five-game homestand extended Edmontons losing streak to 0-5-1, with Saturdays loss of the embarrassing variety, 7-1 to Chicago. The Oilers have matched their longest losing streak of last season and another defeat will give the team its worst slide since going 0-8-3 from March 8-31, 2011. Viktor Fasth will start in net for the Oilers. He has a 2-1-0 record with a 1.65 GAA in four games against Dallas. All three of Edmontons opponents on the trip are from the West, against which the Oilers are 0-10-1. It only gets more difficult after the Dallas matchup with stops in Nashville and St. Louis, but even the Stars (8-9-4) have dominated the Oilers (6-13-2) with 13 wins in 16 meetings. Edmonton hasnt given itself much of a chance with 23 goals in a 2-9-1 stretch. David Perron scored against the Blackhawks, but it was just his second in 21 games after scoring a career-high 28 a season ago. Fellow forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has gone four games without a point and has two in eight career games against Dallas. Weve got to find a way to not get too frustrated or else the negativity really seeps into your game, Nugent-Hopkins told the teams official website. It just makes things a lot worse and I know the past few years there have been instances where it has been like that. Weve shown a lot more promise this year than in the past couple of years, I know that for sure. Weve just got to find a way to get ourselves motivated and get back on track. The Stars were probablly having similar thoughts after opening a five-game homestand with a third straight loss.dddddddddddd Theyve since won two in a row, including Sundays 5-4 victory over Los Angeles. Theyll need more time to improve a 3-5-4 home record, and possibly have more success while playing with a lead after nearly blowing a 4-0 advantage. Dallas has allowed 17 goals in four games. Its hard to stand here and talk about how well we played for almost 40 minutes, Ruff told the teams official website. Weve got some guys that have to grab hold of moments in a game and be able to change it. Defenseman Jason Demers, acquired from San Jose on Friday, scored in his first game with the Stars, while Jamie Benn had two goals and an assist. Benn has three goals and three assists in three games. Kari Lehtonen faced 41 shots and allowed at least four goals for the third time in four games - a 2-1-0 stretch with a 4.17 goals-against average. Hes been considerably better against the Oilers with an 11-2-1 record and 1.92 GAA in 14 starts since joining the Stars. Ben Scrivens struggles have been far more sustained. Hes posted a 4.27 GAA in a 0-6-1 span and has allowed five goals in each of his past two games - he faced only 13 shots against the Blackhawks before being pulled in the second period - culminating in the firing of goaltender coach Frederic Chabot prior to the trip. Luke Gazdic is scheduled to make his season debut against his former organization. Game Notes: DAL was 2-0-1 vs EDM last season, 1-0-1 at home EDM has gone 2-1-0 past 3 games in DAL Dallas: won 2 straight, have not won 3 straight this season tied for 2nd worst team sv% .893 Benn (3G, 3A) 3 game PT streak Edmonton: 0-5-1 past 6 games, outscored 23-11 leagues worst sv% .883 Eberle 0G, 1A past 3 games, 5 shots on net Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:44 am