It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 12:23 am

ib contusion. Tristan Thom 

Post ib contusion. Tristan Thom
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- With owner Tom Gores seated courtside, the Detroit Pistons looked at least somewhat like a team that could be tough to play against during the second half of the season. Of course, they were facing the short-handed Philadelphia 76ers. Andre Drummond had 22 points and 14 rebounds, and Detroit overwhelmed Philadelphia 113-96 Saturday night. Greg Monroe added 21 points and 12 rebounds. He and Drummond combined to go 18 of 21 from the field. "I would say that were better than our record," said Gores, the California-based owner who has been at a handful of Detroits home games this season. "My focus right now is how to get this team to the next level." The Pistons have won back-to-back games at The Palace for the first time since their first two home games of the season. Detroit is 9-15 at home and 19-27 overall. Philadelphia was without rookie of the year candidate Michael Carter-Williams, who sat out with a sore right shoulder. "We decided to give him some time off and he needed it," 76ers coach Brett Brown said. "Day to day is a fair assessment." Tony Wroten led the 76ers with 18 points. Brandon Jennings and Kyle Singler added 20 points apiece for Detroit. The Pistons signed Josh Smith and traded for Jennings in the off-season, but with the team still struggling, theres been talk that another move could be coming. Monroe has been at the centre of that speculation, since Detroit has a logjam of frontcourt players -- but he and Drummond were both outstanding Saturday, and Smith added nine points, nine rebounds, seven assists and four steals. Gores indicated that the upcoming trade deadline is not a major focus -- or at least, its no more important than a number of other aspects of team management. "We arent focused on the deadline or anything like that. We are looking at getting the guys better," Gores said. "Were doing a lot of homework, but our main job is to make sure our players are at their maximum." Monroe and Drummond went a combined 9 for 9 in the first quarter, and Detroit led 32-22 after one thanks to that inside presence. "That was something that I think just happened in the flow of the game -- its not something that we really talked about," Monroe said. "Once it worked a few times, we kept going back to it." Late in the second, Philadelphias Evan Turner drew a foul on rookie Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and Turner appeared to flip the ball back at a group of players under the basket. Jennings responded by throwing the ball at Turner, and both he and the Philadelphia forward were hit with technical fouls. "I lost my balance and as I was trying to catch the ball, I guess I hit him in the face with the ball," Turner said. "It wasnt intentional. It was an unfortunate mistake." The Pistons led 57-49 at halftime, and they broke the game open with a 16-2 run in the third quarter. Singler and Caldwell-Pope made back-to-back 3-pointers to make it 74-56, and another 3 by Singler capped the run and gave Detroit a 23-point lead. "I think were still attacking, instead of trying to keep the lead and playing conservatively," Detroit guard Will Bynum said. "I think we were attacking in the fourth quarter until we pretty much got the win." The Pistons led by as many as 28. Drummond finished 10 of 11 from the field, and Monroe was 8 of 10. Detroit was coming off a three-day layoff because its game at Atlanta on Wednesday was postponed because of bad weather in Georgia. Singler had 10 rebounds, giving the Pistons three players with at least 20 points and 10 rebounds for the first time since Dec. 3, 1997. Grant Hill, Bison Dele and Lindsey Hunter all did it in that triple-overtime win over Phoenix. NOTES: The Pistons had 22 offensive rebounds and outrebounded the 76ers 57-44 overall. ... Philadelphia had 64 points in the paint to Detroits 60. They entered as the top two teams in the NBA in that department. ... The Pistons are 3-0 against the 76ers this season. ... Philadelphia is 3-22 when held under 100 points. JuliƩn Davenport Womens Jersey .The Los Angeles Lakers star passed Michael Jordan for third on the NBAs career scoring list Sunday night in a 100-94 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Zach Cunningham Womens Jersey . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. http://www.footballtexansgearsshop.com/ ... ml?cat=949. -- Shanshan Feng was alone in her opinion about the pin positions in the Kraft Nabisco Championship. D Onta Foreman Youth Jersey . -- Kevin Harvick pulled away on a restart with 47 laps to go and ended Chase Elliotts two-race winning streak in NASCARs Nationwide Series with a dominating victory early Saturday at Richmond International Raceway. D Onta Foreman Jersey . According to bodog.ca, Cleveland moved up to grab the best odds to win the Larry OBrian trophy at 4-1 on Friday. By comparison, the Miami Heats odds plummeted from 3-1 favourites before LeBron left, to 50-1.CLEVELAND - So much for getting Kevin Love involved in the Cavaliers offence.The three-time All-Star took care of that with a season-high 28 points in Saturday nights 109-97 win over the Indiana Pacers.Love, who came into the game averaging 16.5 points, scored 16 in the first quarter. He made his first five shots, including two 3-pointers. Love, who also had 10 rebounds, was 9 for 13 from the field.I felt good, Love said. I wouldnt say it was a breakout game, but I was efficient, especially in the first quarter. It was a breakout first quarter.Kyrie Irving scored 24 points and LeBron James added 19 as Cleveland won its third straight game after losing four in a row and moved its record to 8-7. The Cavaliers have won the three games by an average of 23.3 points.Irving tied a career high with 10 rebounds and had five assists.Cleveland coach David Blatt was asked before the game about Loves early-season production. Blatt said he wasnt concerned about his scoring.I just think Kevin is such a good basketball player that when hes in the flow, as he was today, youre going to see games like that, Blatt said.James was impressed with Loves play.It was great, James said. He made the game a lot easier for us tonight.It felt good for me, Love said. They were finding me. It was a good game for us on both ends.The Cavaliers built a 19-point lead in the first quarter, but the Pacers chipped away and trailed 52-49 at halftime. Cleveland regained control in the third, as James, who had eight points at the half, scored 11 in the quarter. The lead reached 20 points in the fourth quarter.David West, who made his season debut Friday, led Indiana with 14 points.You cant really look at the box score when the fourth quarter was really garbage time, Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. I thought we had decent energy, but they obviously exceeded it.James appeared to injure his left wrist after being knocked to the floor while scoring in the lane in the third quarter but remained in the game.James trickery brought the crowd to its feet in the opening period. After taking a pass from Shawn Marion, he motioned the veteran to run the baseline for a pass. Instead, he fired a no-look pass under the basket to Irving, who scored on a layup.James fake was so good, it almost fooled Marion.ddddddddddddHe almost cut in front of Kyrie, James said. I said, I need to throw the ball right now. Kyrie was able to finish it.James stole the ball on Indianas next possession and drove in for a dunk that to put Cleveland ahead 22-6, forcing Vogel to use his second timeout in the first 6:26.Love finished the half with 22 points, one shy of his season high. He hit a jumper and two free throws while Irving knocked down a 3-pointer as Cleveland built the lead to 67-54.Love scored 42 points with 16 rebounds in his last game against the Pacers while playing for Minnesota last season.They were great, they had guys constantly leaking down the floor for easy baskets, West said. They just spread you out and have a bunch of ways to attack you. They had us on our heels all night.Both teams played without their starting centre. Indianas Roy Hibbert missed his fourth game in a row with a sprained left ankle while Anderson Varejao sat out with a rib contusion. Tristan Thompson replaced Varejao, making his first start of the season. He scored 13 points and had 11 rebounds in 38 minutes._____TIP-INSPacers: Hibbert did some light pregame work Saturday, but told coach Frank Vogel that his ankle was still tender. Vogel said the team will not rush Hibbert back, but hoped he would return Tuesday against Phoenix. ... Miles, who spent the last two seasons with Cleveland, scored six points. .... Indiana began a four-game trip Saturday. Its next home contest is Dec. 8 against Atlanta.Cavaliers: Varejao is averaging 10.9 points and 6.9 rebounds, and is third in the NBA with a .611 field goal percentage. He participated in the morning shootaround, but still felt discomfort and was held out as a precaution, according to Blatt. ... Browns owner Jimmy Haslam attended the game.... Cleveland completes a five-game homestand Tuesday.UP NEXTPacers: At Phoenix on Tuesday.Cavaliers: Host Milwaukee on Tuesday.POINTS PARTYThe Cavaliers are 8-1 when scoring at least 100 points, but 0-6 when they fail to reach the century mark. Theyre really good in the open floor and they spread things out so well, Pacers guard C.J. Miles said. With LeBron and Kyrie and Love, they create matchups that are tough to deal with. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:32 am