It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:35 am

Is it okay to pull the fire alarm 

Post Is it okay to pull the fire alarm
Is it okay to pull the fire alarm if you have a medical emergency and not have a phone?

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Post Re: Is it okay to pull the fire alarm
I suppose if the floor was abandoned with no chance that someone would be passing by anytime soon, then pulling the fire alarm might increase your chances since they would eventually have to visit the pull station to reset the alarm.

However, knowing whether someone would make a bee-line to the pull station to verify before clearing the building is anyone’s guess, and the fire department might take their time checking each floor as they went up, so you might be there for 15–20 minutes or more before anyone finally came across you. Still that might be better than 2 hours or the next day if the floor was abandoned.

Just keep in mind the larger the group of people in the building, the greater likelihood that someone panics and injures others during the evacuation. So weigh that in the decision of how likely you are to be found.

Otherwise, I guess the potential of being fined or sued for reckless endangerment and false evacuation is still better than being dead if that’s the only alternative.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:17 pm

Post Re: Is it okay to pull the fire alarm
The situation can be different and it depends greatly on the kind of fire alarm system that you have. I used to work with a company https://www.americanbackflowprevention. ... esting.php specializing in that field, I believe they could definitely answer all your questions. Good luck

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:41 am